Is maritime close to your heart? Maybe you have a sailor in the family, or you simply love contemplating about the mysteries of the deep blue sea. A friend who has just been on a grand cruise vacation became so engrossed with nautical themed home that she requested we explore about it.
First off is painting: if you could afford modifying the overall looks of the interiors, painting the lower half of the walls with rustic or dark stained paint is excellent. It imitates the wooden interiors of a ship. No intricate design is needed because the more the lower wall painting looks worn, the more impressive it becomes.
Next, curtains, blinds and other window coverings can be a blend of white and marine shade of blue. If you are ambitious enough, the rest of your walls can also be painted with marine shade of blue. Otherwise, white walls are perfect. Think about the interior of a vessel, and blend it with your imagination.
When decorating the home with a nautical theme, rope is an essential material. It can add to the authenticity of the decorations, especially when twined around picture frames, plant pots, book stands, candleholders, and other existing elements inside your home. Nets and old hammocks are perfect materials, too! How about installing them on the idle sides of the home to hold coats, caps and umbrellas?
Portals, clocks, barometers, and such make excellent art in a nautical themed room. Other great additions would include items such as seashells, sand dollars, model boats, and artwork depicting the sea. For many people, elements like these add to where we feel most at home, we derive our inspiration, and we literally feel as though we can truly commune with Mother Nature.
No nautical themed room or home is complete without a lighthouse to guide weary sailors home at the end of a long journey. Some of the featured products in our store may be found adding to this nautical ambiance:
1. Nautical Candle Lamp. This nautical candle lantern will wash your living space with a wave of sea blue glow unlike anything you have ever seen. The brilliant ocean blue glass panels stand tall inside the metal lighthouse frame painted whitecap white ready for the candle of your choice.
2. Seaside Angel Wall Art. A rosy-cheeked angel bends close to hear the ocean sounds inside a shell in this picture of pure enchantment. This wonderful wall art brings a breath of blessed beauty to enliven any surrounding!
3. Blue And White Lighthouse Candle Lantern Watch Tower. Indoors or out the ocean-blue glass and white metal of this lighthouse lantern is a cheerful coastal accent for your home. Open the door to place a candle inside to soak in the cheery radiance.
4. Anchor Chain Table Lamp. Add a nautical feel to any room with this maritime-inspired lamp. Long links of anchor chain stretch from a rope-wrapped pier pile to a crisp lampshade that mimics the color of whitecaps on the waves.
5. Lookout Lighthouse Candle Lamp. Brighten your evening with a cheery seaside glow; just add a votive inside this miniature lighthouse and enjoy the ambiance! Quaint metal sculpture makes a pretty display even during the day.